Job Title: Senior SHE Advisor
Job Location: Bicester, Oxfordshire, UK
RM Contractors are currently looking for a Senior SHE Advisor who has reputable experience within a construction safety environment.
The ideal candidate will be based within a commutable distance along the M40 corridor, to cover circa 25 live sites.
They will champion a positive SHE culture, set and maintain high standards of practice, provide expert guidance to management teams, employees, and contractors, to create a safe working environment for all people and property affected by the company’s operations.
RM Contractors have been delivering quality residential groundworks and civil engineering services for almost 30 years. With regional offices in Worcestershire and Oxfordshire we're well placed to serve the UK's top house builders operating in the Midlands and Home Counties. Our experienced team and large fleet of machinery allow us to respond to client needs and challenges whilst offering the best quality of service; collaborative working within the sector is something we value highly. Our ethos at RM Contractors is centred around building long-term working relationships with our clients and delivering projects to a high standard.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Complete health, safety and environmental audits across regional sites
- Support and complete Safe System of Work documents including RAMS, Construction Phase Plans, COSHH documents
- Provide support and advice to site and construction management teams on the management of health, safety and environmental matters
- Liaise with clients site management and SHE representatives on any site improvements or issues
- Investigate any accidents, incidents, or service strikes from beginning to completion
- Review site processes and actions, providing any improvement solutions where possible
- Support pre-construction team on the SHE requirements for any upcoming projects
- Flexibility in travelling to and from different sites within the region
The Successful Applicant will:
- Hold a valid CSCS card and NEBOSH certificate
- Hold a Full UK Driver’s Licence
- Extensive understanding of legislation and industry standards
- Be committed to continuous improvement
- Have previous experience attending to incidents and leading on investigations, developing action plans and driving to completion
- Have previous experience carrying out workplace audits, inspections and risk assessments, reviewing existing controls and recommending improvements within a construction environment
- Have the ability to multi-task own work, plan, prioritise and shift priorities quickly in a fast-moving environment
- Demonstrate methodical administration, with excellent attention to detail and reporting techniques
- Be proficient with MS office software and is GDPR competent
Hours and package:
- Contract type - permanent
- Competitive salary - dependant on experience
- Hours - 7:30 - 16:30, Monday to Friday
- Company vehicle provided
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays), increasing with years of service
- Pension Contribution
- Employee Assistant Programme
If you are interested in this position please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the link below.